"Remove head from sphincter. Then drive!" - 10 Things I Hate About You

Monday, December 03, 2007

SURPRISE!!!!


Fooled ya didn't I?! And, here you thought I'd never post again! I bet even Casey gave up on me! =P Sorry all...the holidays seem to have started early...either that, or the thought of trying to play catch up is just too darn overwhelming! =(

Life is just moving too fast. I'm really liking life right now, my job, my family, my boyfriend...everything is good...but, I feel like I barely have time to enjoy any of it. I'm too busy living it, that I can't even remember what I did that was so fun...yesterday! =P I've decided that I will establish a New Year's resolution, starting today, that I am going to try to slow my life down a bit. Focus on the good parts only, put the bad parts in the 'trash' and concentrate on what has made my life so good in the first place.

This past weekend, I attended a funeral of my first supervisor at my first 'real' job. She was fighting cancer of the esophagus for years, ever since I started working at Community Advocates in 2003. It finally caught up to her and she passed away on November 21st. I honestly can't say much for her supervisory skills, as to tell you the truth, I wasn't all that impressed...but, as a person, she was amazing! And, I don't feel bad saying that, because her own honesty is what made her so amazing. She could tell you that you were doing a horrible job in such a way that you actually still liked her after that. She graduated from high school, put herself through technical college, had four sons, became supervisor of Headstart programs in Milwaukee, had 17 grandchildren, headed community partnerships to assist children and families in poverty, had 4 great-grandchildren and worked the rest of her time at Community Advocates. I've never been to a funeral where people were actually clapping, singing and joyful all while mourning the passing of a friend and family member, it was pretty cool! The last time I saw her alive, it was like she was reading my mind...the last thing she said to me was, "Life's to short to hold grudges, forgive and move on". So, that's what I plan on doing. No more grudges, even the little ones, like Evan took the last french fry! =P Isn't it something, that it takes a person who is facing death to actually clarify what is supposed to be so easy to understand in life?

So, here are the things that are going on in my life right now...

My family is getting a puppy. A Pembroke Welsh Corgi to be exact. He was born 4 weeks ago and we finally got a picture of him with his eyes open. How cute is he?! =)


His name has yet to be decided. Adam likes Claudio from the lead singer of Coheed and Cambria (Screamo music, ech!), I like Gizmo, my Dad likes Fred and my Mom and Grandma's ideas are just too weird and goofy to post.


Speaking of weird and goofy...the girls are still doing well. I just decorated for Christmas this weekend and Stella will NOT leave the tree alone, but no matter how naughty they are they're still oh so cute!






Yup, those are my goofy girls! Gotta love 'em! Or, in Evan's case, just gotta love Lucy!



Phew, the CEO and President just walked by...I can start typing again! =P


Alright...so, Thanksgiving was very nice. I took a couple days off so I could spend more time up in the big EC. My aunt who lives in California flew out, it was great to see her...the last time I saw her was 2 years ago. We had a good time. Lots of eating good food, shopping and spending way too much money and a little down time too! My Mom's going to kill me for posting this picture but I had to! =)



Oh yeah, spent a little time organizing Mom's spice cabinet too...


Hmmm, what else can I tell you about? Evan and I have been to a couple Bucks games so far this season...although, they haven't been playing the best lately (yes, they lost to the Knicks) I did get a few pretty cool pictures...

The starting line-up (Mo Williams, Yi Jian-Lian, Andrew Bogut, Desmond Mason and Michael Redd)









Desmond Mason at the free-throw line

Ok...so, I think I'm done blabbing for the night! Hope everyone is doing well and gearing up for a great Christmas and/or other holiday of choice!

Love you all!


1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Holey Moley she's back for the first time in months. See you again in February! :0)

5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home