"Remove head from sphincter. Then drive!" - 10 Things I Hate About You

Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm still alive...I promise!

This one isn't going to have any fancy pictures or anything...but, I wanted to try to give everyone a heads-up as to what has been going on lately... For those of you that I wasn't able to notify the right and proper way, I do have a new job. Yes...again! Evan called me a 'job jumper'. But, I tried the 'corporate' thing, and figured out very fast that my heart is just not really into making the 'big bucks', which I spose is a good quality! =P Honestly though, this job opportunity came up at ARCW (AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin) and I had to take it. I'm working with my good friend and former co-worker from Community Advocates again, Angie...actually, she's my supervisor, which is just too funny. And, I'm working for an agency that I've wanted to work for pretty much since high school. I've been here for 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it! My office is in ARCW's transitional shelter, so I have residents stopping by all day to say 'hi'. When I'm not in the office, which is 75% of the time, I'm out in the field, doing home visits with the clients that are enrolled in the program that I work with for housing services. The clients have to be dual-diagnosed, so HIV+ or AIDS and mental health or AODA, or both. Needless to say, some of them aren't the easiest to work with, but I am loving every single minute of it and really remembering why I wanted to go into social work to begin with, which is something I didn't have at Managed Health.

Anyway, life is going well otherwise! Lucy (that's what I named kitten) is getting big and is still has sassy as ever, but she's oh-so-very cute! I have discovered this week that she's a plant digger (aka: she's jumping on top of the table that I have my jade on and digging in it like a dog trying to bury a bone). I have to admit, it's kinda cute, but picking up dirt every morning is getting very very old! =(

2 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Good to hear! Let's get together soon-for real!

11:06 PM

 
Blogger Luke's parents said...

I'm seriously starting to doubt that statement is true...are you up for fireworks again this 4th? Kendra's grad. party is during the day but come on over for the show that evening...there will be taco fixing around if you want a free meal!

love ya!

3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home